26 July 2010

slow boat to china

my chinese consulate friend // san francisco


...and by "boat," I mean "very long flight(s)," but you get the idea.

At any rate, it's an announcement fairly long coming, and many (if not most (or maybe all)) of you are already aware of the news, but just to make it official: I'm moving to China for a year. Specifically, Shanghai. So yeah. Color me stoked.

The change was a sorely needed one, not least because of the fact that I was languishing in cubicle hell (not to mention that I've been back on the left coast for just about 18 months, which is sort of my geographic expiration date). Yet the fortuitous opportunity proves unequivocally that whoever first coined the phrase "It isn't what you know; it's who you know" sure as shit wasn't just whistling Dixie, and my sincere and eternal gratitude is due to AKAD Korea for making the proverbial stars align in my personal zodiac. Kenneth, it's on like Donkey Kong.

California, you know my heart belongs to you and only you... but 1.5 billion people can't be wrong. Just let me go see what all the fuss is about, and I'll come back with tons of photos and curios to share. Promise.

T-minus 22 days and counting...

But in the meantime:



...so the post lives up to its name.

No comments:

Post a Comment