14 February 2009

recession proof


Get it? :)

It's officially official: I've been laid off (although I volunteered to be (long story)). Friday 20 February is my last day, and then preparations for my long-awaited reverse roadtrip kick into high gear (yeah, it's only been about 18 months, but that's a long time for me to live anywhere, let alone on the wrong coast).

You didn't think that all that talk about a newly unemployed 20-something was hypothetical, did you?

Estimated departure is scheduled for Thursday, 26 February. First stop: Raleigh, N.C.—but that's another story for another post.

In the meantime, I'm trying to suck as much life out of my remaining time in the District as possible. No time like the present...

Last night, I got to enjoy dinner & drinks at Matchbox with my hands-down-favorite married couple in the world, the inimitable Tony & Audrey...


...followed by more drinks & conversation at Stoney's, where an inebriated man listing sloppily to the side of his barstool informed us all that I am, in fact, a lesbian and refused to believe otherwise.

No wonder I don't seem to have any luck with boys. Who knew?

Tonight, I get to hang out with the ever-so-bad-ass Katie, Rick, & Rick's lady at The Legwarmers show.



Jealous yet? You should be.

A farewell night out at Lucky Bar (it seemed only appropriate since I scheduled it on the first of three Friday the 13ths in 2009) with the coworkers, followed by a weekend in Jersey City & NYC with Joanne, Ethan, & Jarmin, then scrambling to get everything packed and ready to go and mapping out any as-yet-undetermined legs of the trip.

Could there be a better way to say sayonara to the East Coast?

I think not.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know where you should go on your reverse road trip, but I can't wait to hear about it, and I'm jealous to boot. Canyon of the Vaginas? :) I think most road trips from the East Coast to the West Coast pass through the Anchorage area...pretty sure on that one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, funny you should mention that (detouring through alaska, not COTV), the thought did cross my mind...

    unfortunately, towing a trailer up through canada sans passport with a dog (sans license) during the tail end of winter? probably not the most feasible of plans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lesbian, eh? That's funny, you didn't seem the religious type...

    ReplyDelete