05 March 2009

day 3 :: deck the halls with perverted calls


View Larger Map

For the third day of our trip, Lindy and I set out from Monroe, La., with the ambitious goal of seeing just how much of Texas we could cross in a single day.

Turns out they're right: One shouldn't mess with Texas.

Unfortunately, my plans for the Dallas/Fort Worth area fell through, so there was no need to make a stop in the metro. Instead, we landed in Big Spring... where I was greeted by a phone call to my hotel room and a strange man on the other end of the line asking if I wanted to party.

Interestingly enough, this was only the second most disturbing event of the day. First place goes to the large armless Santa Claus that sat abandoned in a clearing off the highway.

Regrettably, I was unable to snap a photo of said St. Nick. But I assure you, it was quite a sight to behold.

1 comment:

  1. The only time I ever saw a housing community billboard that made me want to drive to the community to check it out was the on my 45 minute commute that said simply 'If you lived here, you'd be home by now!'
    Hahaha...I still didn't check it out though. :)

    ReplyDelete